Click here to download the letter from
President Gregory Leininger about our response to the Coronavirus which
includes some schedule changes.
The Keystone Water Conference has been cancelled.
Brave Blue World is an insightful and in depth look at how humanity
is developing and innovating new technologies to reinvent how we
Click here to visit the Brave Blue World website
WPWPCA MISSION STATEMENT:
The primary goal of the WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA WATER POLLUTION CONTROL ASSOCIATION, INC. is the advancement of knowledge in areas of design, construction, operation, maintenance, and management of sewage and industrial waste treatment works. Through meetings, tours, seminars, and other training activities, as well as the personal exchange of knowledge and experience among the members, it is possible to achieve our purpose. To further unify these efforts, the WESTERN SECTION is affiliated with the PENNSYLVANIA WATER ENVIRONMENT ASSOCIATION and the WATER ENVIRONMENT FEDERATION
Sponsorships are now available for purchase online.
Click here to visit the WPWPCA Online Store to register for Plant Tours,
Training, and for sponsorship opportunities for the Website, Events,
and Annual Golf Outing.
Advertising is available on both the left main page as well as other pages of the WPWPCA website
Click here to download the Website Advertisement Form
Partial Page Ad:
Logo ads can be purchased for the main page to the left for $100 or $50 on other pages.
Partial page ads are available for $150.
Both Ads include links to your business.
As in previous years, WPWPCA will be presenting awards to those facilities and collection systems that have demonstrated that safety is an important part of their operation. One award will be presented to a collection system that is operated either independently or in conjunction with a treatment facility. Two additional awards will be bestowed to treatment plant facilities; one for small facilities with 8 or fewer employees and the other for larger plants with 9 or more employees.
The questionnaire has been tweaked to allow for a better means of comparing training hours. Rather than just listing training as “tailgate” or formal, the question has been changed to account for the actual hours of each type of training. In that way, a seven hour training session is given much greater weight than a one hour session.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
1. Dates covered are from January 1 through December 31 of the previous year. (2018)
2. The deadline for the receipt of the completed questionnaire is July 31st, 2019.
3. To be eligible the operation must be physically located within the Western Section and must employ at least one Western Section member.
4. Only one submission per operation will be considered, although both a facility and collection award can be submitted. The questionnaire(s) should be prepared by the person responsible for the safety committee, or by his or her delegate.
5. The information contained on the completed questionnaire must be verifiable upon a physical inspection by members of the WPWPCA Safety Committee.
6. An operation cannot win the same award twice in a three year period, unless the response is very low and the operation is exceptional. However the application is still eligible for the PWEA award.
7. One award will be presented to a Collection System. Two awards will be presented to Treatment Plant Facilities; one in each class.
8. Honorable Mention Awards will be made only to very close runners-up.
No facility or collection system can win the Section award more than once in a three year period. This will keep the same facilities from winning the award year after year and allow other exceptional safety programs to be recognized. For those of you that won during the last three years, it is still important for you to return your applications because you may still be eligible for state & national awards.
The Safety Award Questionnaires are below. Please note that there are two different Questionnaires - one for Collection Systems and one for Treatment Plant Facilities. If you have both and can designate specific personnel and safety training to each operation, you may complete both questionnaires.
It is hoped that through friendly competition of this kind, we can help each other to improve our individual safety programs. But this can only be accomplished with your co-operation. By taking the time to complete the questionnaire, you may win and thereby receive the recognition that your safety program truly deserves. But more importantly, completing the questionnaire forces you to review your own safety program and that already makes your operation a winner.
Thanks for your anticipated participation in the Western Section Safety Award Competition and GOOD LUCK!!!